Tuesday 26 March 2013

Contemporary Farmhouse

I knew when I saw this home that I had to share it with you. The open bookcase in the dining room is what drew me in. I am a huge book lover, and I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but some of them are just too good-looking not to display.




The home belongs to floral designer Dana Worlock, and her husband Patrick. Dana and Patrick moved their family from Brooklyn to a more rural area of upstate New York. The house is a 1940's farmhouse, and the couple have successfully married the old with some more contemporary touches. Ghost chairs sit comfortably around an old wooden table, and vintage film canisters now house a collection of crayons.




I love that this is a 'real' home, it's cool and quirky, some bits may be a bit worn around the edges, but it has massive character, and some great art.











This is a selection of my favourite pics. See more over here.

6 comments :

  1. Love the chalkboard door, and the kilim is a beauty, but sheesh, how'd they keep all that white clean?!! Presume its not a working farmhouse and the kids are beyond toddlerdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab find Vic! I would love a collection of art and rugs like this .. and also the Ghost chairs! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am obsessed with books front facing on bookshelves, covers are art. And it works so well in this home!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun space with all those bright pops of colour! Love it :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I love the ghost chairs, I want some myself, terribly expensive they are. I also love their well loved Persian carpets and the velvet sofa.

    It makes a change to see a contemporary look to an old farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips