Thursday 14 March 2013

Perfectly Small

In Scandinavia the homes seem to be much smaller than your standard New Zealand house. They overcome their lack of space with super, clever storage solutions, and stylish minimalist aesthetics. Take this home, for instance. It belongs to interior and fashion stylist, Saša Antic, so it's bound to be cool. At only 24 square meters, this home has the tiniest kitchen I've ever seen, with only a half wall separating it from the bedroom. But it's perfectly stylish and gorgeous, and uses clever tricks like the floor to ceiling mirrored wall to give the illusion of space. I'm suitably impressed, and now I'm off to do some serious de-cluttering in my own home!














4 comments :

  1. What a fabulous example of how one can achieve great storage in such a limited space. I think the kitchen is amazing as believe it or not although I have a larger area for my kitchen, I actually have far less cupboards than in this narrow kitchen. If I stay in my cottage I am having a new kitchen installed and seeing this little flat has given me the confidence I can achieve far more cupboard space than I have.

    Thanks for choosing a great example.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 24sq metres! that's tiny! She had done an amazing job! we lived in a place that was 60sq metres and that felt small!
    P.s think your Bibby + Brady design process is super duper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little gem has totally put my little shoebox to shame! I am rubbish at de-cluttering but after seeing this, maybe I need to do a little spring cleaning. And you are so right, that kitchen is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Sasa's work and his home is amazing, especially the blue and marble kitchen. I didn't realise how small it was! x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips