Wednesday 1 May 2013

Lounging in Style

My little brother has recently moved to Hawke's Bay, and now lives just around the corner from me. I've been dying to get my hands on his home, help him funk it up! He's a single guy, and interior styling is not top of his priority list - what's wrong with him! But he's kept pretty busy in his job making fabulous wine, so I forgive him.

He's bought himself a couple of 100% leather sofas from Big Save, which he loves, and they are super comfy. So I've been helping him find some pieces to complement them, and create a lounge that's cool, relaxed, and a bit 'boysy'.




clockwise from top left: Backflip Photo from Endemic World | Blood River Shore Wall Decal from House of Aroha | Vegas Boneyard Illuminated '&' from Fromage La Rue | Massa Two & Three Seater Sofas from Big Save Furniture | Jasper Grey Rug from Crate & Barrel | Tanned Leather Pouf from LET LIV | Emerald Zig-Zag Ikat Cushion from MintSix | Tangle of Antlers Cushion from Homebase Collections | Putty Ochre & Aqua Multi-Coloured Cushion from MintSix | Jeremiah Cushion from Country Road | Flos Gun Floor Lamp from ECC



I photoshopped this picture to help my bro visualise it. I'd love a throw for the three seater sofa, and we need to find a kick-ass coffee table, pile it with some of his surfing and wine books, and add a few more personal touches. But I think it's a pretty good start!

17 comments :

  1. I love this - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen those wall decals from Aroha when I've been in (but have just snooped them online). They're fabulous.

      PS: Your brother is super luck to have you! x

      Delete
  2. how lucky to have your brother nearby and a winemaker too! love what you have done, make sure you make him buy the stuff tho! A rustic trunk would look cool as a coffee table..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie, and the rustic trunk's a great idea. x

      Delete
  3. Love it Vic! A great mood board and super clever photoshopping all the products together into a 'virtual' room for him. The MintSix cushions look pretty damn good in there too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a perfect man den! That gun lamp is totally bonkers and I really love the surf picture on the wall. Slightly jealous of the fact that he is a winemaker! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Meghan, it's fantastic, especially now he's living so close x

      Delete
  5. This is so cool Vic! I love what you've come up with. I also really appreciate your photoshop skills! Try as I might I am seriously crap at photoshop :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbey, I love working in Photoshop x

      Delete
  6. Lucky brother to have such a talented sister. And lucky sister to have a brother that can pay in wine! You've definitely captured the masculine essence with your selections and I love the photoshopped pic (very well done!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Santa, it's great to be able to swap our talents :) x

      Delete
  7. So impressed Vic, I need a photoshop lesson from you!! That gun lamp is unreal, and nice to see the Esther Diamond Deer cushion thrown in too. Still love mine. All-round fab lounge for a dude - he's gotta love it x oh, and nice work having a bro who's a wine-maker!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the gun lamp insanely cool, Michelle?! I love it. x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips