Thursday 29 May 2014

Winter Warmers

Winter is only days away, and it certainly feels like it's already here. Some people complain about the wintery cold, but I say 'embrace it'! We knew it was coming, it's not going away for a few months, so what's the point in complaining about it? Winter to me is hot chocolates, open fires, snuggly socks, good movies, and red wine - enjoy.


1 | 2


I love getting cosy, and the change in temperature is an excellent excuse to get shopping. A new wooly blanket over the sofa, some cute pjs that you can put on as soon as you get home, a yummy scented candle. Here are a few things to tempt you...

lambswool throw |  kaleido mug | cable knit cushion
vanilla bean candle | mug cosy | pompom hat | pyjamas

6 comments :

  1. There are some gorgeous things here! I agree - I love the snuggle factor of winter - not so keen on the combo of cold, mud and rain. I want the socks and the blanket (and a mulled wine)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the only thing good about cold, mud and rain is a hot shower, snuggly socks and that mulled wine after :) x

      Delete
  2. That Karen Walker hat is the best! I bought one to wear running on these frosty mornings but so far it's mainly been worn for snuggling/hot chocolating....oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought was there Fiona ;) I've been eyeing it up every time I pop into Aroha, love it x

      Delete
  3. I am definitely a summer person. I like winter for knitting/sewing on the couch whilst it's raining outside, blanket on my knee, making homemade soups, hot chocolate and baking. No wonder I put on weight over winter! I reckon legwarmers should make a comeback, there are so many gorgeous colour in wool these days! Maybe I will start a new trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at the pjs on the Peter Alexander site, Jodie, and they have pj pants with built in leg warmers - you'll love them! :) x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips